Thursday, May 3, 2007

Quote of the week

Updated 3/26/08
"You must give up the life you had planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you."
......... Joseph Campbell

Updated 6/29/07
“I run because I’ve never been much of a car guy. I run because if I didn’t, I’d be sluggish and glum and spend too much time on the couch. I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run to escape the ordinary.
“I run to honor my sister and unite my family. I run because it keeps me humble. I run for the finish line and to savor the trip along the way. I run to help those who can’t. I run because walking takes too long and I’d like to get a few things done this lifetime.
“I run because long after my footprints fade away, maybe I will have inspired a few to reject the easy path, hit the trails, put one foot in front of the other, and come to the same conclusion I did: I run because it always takes me where I want to go.”

......... excerpted from the Ultra Marathon Man by Dean Karnazes.

2 comments:

Sally Seippel said...

Hi Joe,
Your progress is incredible and we continue to monitor your blog which gets better and better with each passing week. I am really looking forward to this documentary which shows your strength, the love of your family and what a truly amazing person we all know you are and always have been.
Keep working hard.....we need you as our tour guide in Italy some day.
Love and Miss you,
Sal

Pat Lawton said...

Hi Joe and Lynn
It took me a while to figure out how to post. You know us Mainah's ain't very smarht. What a great job you have done with this sight AND your situation! My hat is off to you. Can you let Bob and I know when you are going to have the gathering for the Documentary...she said inviting herself.
Now that I have found your site, I shall visit it often. Thanks for sharing.
Pat Lawton